The County is interested in collaborating with the community to gather input on vote center placement. All meetings are designed to help shape the future of voting in the County. Below is a listing of the scheduled dates and times of meetings.
- August 23, 2019 - 1 pm Public Meeting about draft EAP
- August 23, 2019 - 3 pm Public Consultation Meeting with representatives, and advocates from the Spanish language community
- August 26, 2019 - 1 pm Public Consultation Meeting with representatives and advocates from the disability community
- September 13, 2019 - Public Hearing
- March 10, 2022 - 2 pm - 3 pm Language Accessibility Meeting about Amended EAP
- March 10, 2022 - 3 pm - 4 pm Disability Accessibility Meeting about Amended EAP
- March 21, 2022 - 2 pm - 4 pm Public Hearing located in the Elections Department
- May 13, 2022 - 4 pm - 6 pm Voter's Choice Act Workshop located in the Elections Department
Voting Accessibility Advisory Committee (VAAC) & Language Accessibility Advisory Committee (LAAC)
The County Registrar of Voters established a joint VAAC & LAAC in 2017 to assist and advise on existing programs to reach out to voters with language, and accessibility concerns. The citizen advisory committee helps by making recommendations for improving access to voting and election materials. Ensuring that all voters of Calaveras County can vote independently and privately.
Please call the Elections Office at (209) 754-6376 or Email US with any questions or comments.